According to the latest research, a series of new trends would come up in 2018 and revolutionize SEO in ways unimaginable. With Google constantly changing its algorithms, search engine optimization is a bit complex to understand. However, it is not the factors involved but the ever-expanding nature of this domain that makes things challenging. As search engines are continually looking for quality results, some businesses rank better while others fade into the oblivion. As an entrepreneur, if you wish to stay ahead of the curve, get acquainted with the varied trends that would gain prominence in the upcoming year.
Game-Changing SEO Trends
• If you assume that only top ranks can increase web traffic, it is time to think again. In 2018, other SERP features such as knowledge panels, local packs, and featured snippets could effectively capture a consumer’s attention and procure clicks from the organic listings.
• Structured data is a technique used to format HTML, which makes use of specific vocabulary so that the search engines could interpret contents without any hassle. The online business owners must know that through this strategy, they can increase search listings and the click-through-rates (CTR) almost by 30%.
• While speed has always been a critical factor as it enhances the user experience (UX), it would become even more significant in 2018. Google and all other major search engines reward those websites that take three seconds to load as anything more than that is disappointing.
• Engaging contents stuffed with keywords can bring in more visitors and increase conversion rates as well as sales. This is a notion that we all are aware of. In 2018, however, write-ups with relevant information would be considered more important.
• In the coming year, all business owners need to integrate voice searches. According to the latest survey conducted by Google, 55% of teens and 40% of adults make use of this tactic to conduct online activities.
• Almost all modern-day consumers are making use of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets to conduct searches and they would continue to do so even in the coming year. Well, thus, the business owners, who have not yet optimized their website so that it can function on all devices and across all platforms must do so right away.
• A website that has a number of quality backlinks is always considered reliable by Google and other search engines. However, with times changing, in 2018 and beyond, search engines might attribute more importance to ‘linkless’ mentions.
Keeping in mind the stated trends and implementing them would allow your business to acquire online authority in 2018.